Healthy at Home for CPS:
The Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children (CLOCC) is providing a database of resources to support educators and families working towards Healthy CPS. We understand that there is an overwhelming amount of information available to educators, so we have carefully chosen a select number of tools to highlight in each area. To learn more about CLOCC’s work with CPS, please visit our Schools webpage and feel free to contact us if you have any questions: info@CLOCC.net.
In this section, you will find tools and resources on Sex Ed and materials supporting LGBTQ+ and Trans and Gender Non-Conforming students. Tools for educators and parents or caregivers are provided.
- Sexual and LGBTQ+ Education Resources and Trainings
- Resources from Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital Department of Adolescent Medicine
- Frontline: Growing Up Trans (Documentary)
- PBS documentary focused on transgender youth
- CPS Sex Ed Tools for Schools
- List of policies and resources for Healthy CPS Educators
- Chicago Healthy Adolescents and Teens (CHAT) Resources
- List of resources for adults supporting youth
- CPS: LGBTQ+ Supportive Environments
- Guidelines for supporting trans and gender nonconforming students
- Afterschool Matters: LGBTQ Support
- List of local resources supporting LGBTQ+ youth