Job postings will be active for 30 days upon approval. Please follow the instructions in each posting to apply.
CLOCC will post internship opportunities on this board as they become available. Please respond to specific openings rather than sending in a general request or inquiry.
Community Impact Director – American Heart Association
American Heart Association
208 S LaSalle St, Suite 1500, Chicago, Illinois
- The Director will drive the execution of health impact goals within the metro Chicago area by focusing in the areas of hypertension, cholesterol, nutrition, obesity, and physical activity. The market with have a focus on diverse communities.
- Engage in collective community impact efforts, both leading and supporting, in partnership with key volunteers, strategic alliances, institutions and corporations.
- Build and implement a cross-functional hypertension and cholesterol control strategy (high blood pressure management, cholesterol and healthy behavior initiatives) in the market.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers and strategic community alliances to achieve priority community and collective impact goals.
- Identify and assist in recruiting diverse volunteers to serve in leadership roles on market board of directors and event executive leadership teams.
- Work with internal staff partners to ensure population health strategies are integrated into development, communications and marketing, advocacy, and healthcare quality improvement activities.
- Collaborate with development staff partners and volunteers to identify, cultivate and secure program funding, including sponsorship (cash and in-kind) for relevant campaigns.
- 2+ year’s experience working with community/public health issues and/or managing community/public health promotion or related educational programs. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement.
- Experience working with multicultural communities preferred
- Proven ability to recruit, mobilize and manage volunteers, including C-suite level executives.
- Must have earned a high school diploma or GED. College degree a plus.
- Must have at least intermediate knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 or higher used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
- Bilingual language skills (English/Spanish) is preferred.
- Ability to travel within the Chicago metro area and transport items to and from meetings and events.
Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview. At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention. To apply, visit: http://bit.ly/2EUNAlm
Bicycling/Safe Routes Ambassadors
City of Chicago
Chicago Department of Transportation
30 N. LaSalle St., Chicago, Illinois
The City of Chicago’s Bicycling Ambassadors are the Chicago Department of Transportation’s education, safety,and outreach team. The Ambassadors are highly motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills leadingoutreach with children, youth, adults and seniors to encourage safe transportation behaviors by all road users – bicyclists, pedestrians, and motorists. The Ambassadors will be expected to support and promote Vision ZeroChicago initiatives and events to help eliminate death and serious injuries from traffic crashes by 2026. Ambassadors work individually or as a team to deliver traffic safety expertise through face-to-face demonstrations in public places, at community events, schools and day camps. We’re looking for people who are excited about accessible transportation, passionate about community outreach,and dedicated to equitable program delivery and service in Chicago. This is a seasonal, summer outreach position. A full description of the position can be found at:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: Lauren Crabtree, Program Manager email@example.com