Job postings will be active for 30 days upon approval. Please follow the instructions in each posting to apply.
CLOCC will post internship opportunities on this board as they become available. Please respond to specific openings rather than sending in a general request or inquiry.
Blackstone Bicycle Workds
6100 S. Blackstone Ave., Chicago, Illinois
Blackstone Bicycle Works is committed to fostering a safe, holistic learning environment that empowers primarily youth of color from Chicago’s Woodlawn neighborhood and greater South Side community. Its collaborative model and staff engage 180 underserved youth annually in real world experiences such as bicycle repair, small business operation, and teaching roles, in order to break down barriers to future opportunities. The program combines STEM learning, mentoring, tutoring, and anti-violence work into one cohesive experience. Both a youth program and community bike shop, BBW is a program of Experimental Station, a nonprofit incubator of innovative educational and cultural programs, small business enterprises, and community initiatives.
Our Program Manager will be:
- people-focused empowering underserved youth of color by co-producing the program with them providing steady guidance and support for staff, volunteer, and youth teams to accomplish their work in the high energy environment of the bike shop
- connecting with diverse groups with cultural competency, gathering support from families, customers, neighbors, and community partners through relationships that are mutually beneficial
- collaborating with the other Experimental Staff and entities within the building and a strategic thinker seamlessly moving between many roles and responsibilities of running the business and youth program
- aligning the efforts of the team to the mission and long-term planning organizing participants’ exposure to real world employment opportunities using bicycles for rich learning experiences
- acting as a goal-oriented project manager using business practices to enhance production, sales, and customer service of the community bicycle shop
- managing the budget, facilities, and supplies developing partnerships in order to support the sustainability of the program
We will offer our Program Manager: a salary of $43-46K per year health and dental insurance (50/50 employer/employee contribution) paid time off that includes 7 personal days, 6 holidays, and vacation days added annually.
Our Program Manager will benefit from:
- working with an experienced and dedicated BBW staff team and ES team
- the opportunity to develop new programming in-line with the mission of BBW
- full-time, with flexibility in work hours
- 50% staff discount at Blackstone and indoor bike parking access to the greater network of ES programs and tenant organizations
Blackstone Bicycle Works uses bicycles as a versitile tool for learning and engaging the community. The Program Manager will benefit from any experience with bicycles, the cycling community or industry, but it is not required. Experience working with people from the Woodlawn community and Chicago’s South Side is also an advantage. We welcome people with a wide range of skills and experience to apply, and will reach out to those with the greatest potential to successfully fulfill this role. The application deadline is Wednesday, August 8th, 11:59PM.