Healthy at Home for CPS:
The Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children (CLOCC) is providing a database of resources to support educators and families working towards Healthy CPS. We understand that there is an overwhelming amount of information available to educators, so we have carefully chosen a select number of tools to highlight in each area. To learn more about CLOCC’s work with CPS, please visit our Schools webpage and feel free to contact us if you have any questions: info@CLOCC.net.
This section contains several tools for promoting the mental and emotional wellness of students and their families during the pandemic, including mindfulness activities and resources for creating safe and supportive virtual learning environments.
- AFHK Creating Safe and Supportive Learning Environments
- Action for Healthy Kids: Resources for Creating Safe and Supportive Learning Environments. For parents, caregivers and educators
- Lessons for SEL
- Short videos for students
- Urban Initiatives – “Empower Sessions”
- 11 Empower Sessions for leadership development and wellness.
- Calm Classroom
- 2-hour course to develop an understanding of mindfulness through practice and reflection ($65 cost)
- Center to Improve Social Emotional Learning and School Safety
- Strategies for Trauma-Informed Distance Learning
- Social-emotional-learning-based curricula with music and physical activity