Healthy at Home for CPS:
Nutrition and Physical Activity Curricula
The Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children (CLOCC) is providing a database of resources to support educators and families working towards Healthy CPS. We understand that there is an overwhelming amount of information available to educators, so we have carefully chosen a select number of tools to highlight in each area. To learn more about CLOCC’s work with CPS, please visit our Schools webpage and feel free to contact us if you have any questions: info@CLOCC.net.
In this section, you will find a number of recommended physical activity and nutrition curricula for a wide age-range of students. Most curricula are free for download online and compliant with Healthy CPS criteria.
- Big & Green
- Food & Garden lesson plans
- CATCH Curriculum-“Restart Smart”
- There is a fee for this K-8 virtual curriculum but discounts are available
- FDA “Science and Our Food Supply”
- Food safety curricula for middle and high school students
- Team Nutrition en Espanol
- USDA’s list of nutrition resources [SPANISH]
- USDA Curricula – Master List
- List of curricula recommended and/or developed by USDA [ENGLISH and SPANISH]
- Fuel Up to Play 60
- Nutrition education, funding and physically-active games