Healthy at Home for CPS:
The Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children (CLOCC) is providing a database of resources to support educators and families working towards Healthy CPS. We understand that there is an overwhelming amount of information available to educators, so we have carefully chosen a select number of tools to highlight in each area. To learn more about CLOCC’s work with CPS, please visit our Schools webpage and feel free to contact us if you have any questions: info@CLOCC.net.
This section contains information on funding opportunities for schools, including links to databases specific to teachers interested in accessing funding for both their classrooms and for those considering pursuing a higher education degree.
- American Association of Educators Classroom Grant
- Educational grant provides up to $500 for teachers to purchase classroom resources such as books, curriculum, or audio-visual equipment (due March 1st, 2021)
- Innovative Reading Grant
- $2,500 curriculum grant assists school librarians in planning and implementing a program that motivates students to read, with an emphasis on struggling learners (due February 1st, 2021)
- 12 recommended grants available for teachers
- Illinois Grants for Teachers
- 4 grants for teachers
- Illinois Student Assistance Commision
- Assistance for higher education for teachers
- Teacher Next Door
- A program to help teachers, administrators and educational support staff (including coaches, maintenance staff and bus drivers) find housing assistance programs and benefits