Funding a Healthy Future for Chicago’s Children
CLOCC’s multi-sector approach to childhood obesity prevention is partially funded by individual donors who are passionate about the future of Chicago’s children. Your gift accelerates our mission to confront the childhood obesity epidemic by promoting healthy and active lifestyles for children throughout the Chicago metropolitan area.
We respect your interest in knowing how your funds empower CLOCC to make a positive community impact. Below are just a few examples of how your investment in our work can make a real-world difference.
- $5 will put CLOCC’s new fiveSMART™ poster and informational fliers into the hands of an organization serving pregnant women and the families and caregivers of infants and toddlers (ages 0-3). These materials help them understand the importance of starting healthy and active lifestyles as early as possible to prevent obesity and related health problems later in childhood.
- $25 will provide a “Go Team Games” manual to an after-school program to help instructors and program leaders teach children about healthy eating and physical activity using CLOCC’s 5-4-3-2-1 Go!® healthy lifestyle message.
- $100 will help pay for a health-focused activity at one Chicago Public school, such as seeds and equipment for a school garden, a healthy cooking class or equipment to encourage physical activity.
- $150 will help CLOCC bring its new public health message, 5-4-3-2-1 Go! Jr. to 30 at-risk 3 to 5 year olds, providing them with fun and engaging ways to make healthy eating and physical exercise part of their daily routine. This important message provides children with daily goals for food and physical activity: 5 servings of fruits and vegetables, 4 servings of water, 3 servings of low-fat dairy, 2 or less hours of recreational screen time and 1 or more hours of physical activity.
- $500 will support a Wellness Champion at one Chicago Public School to advance health and wellness activities and improve the environment at that school to encourage healthier eating and more physical activity throughout the school day.
- $2500 will support CLOCC’s work with low income neighborhoods to help them identify and fix streets and sidewalks to ensure children have a safe passage to schools and parks.
Donate Today to Double Your Impact
Through the generosity of an anonymous supporter, donations to CLOCC will currently be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to an $8,750 gift. Contact email@example.com with questions.