Here is a sampling of journal articles about issues related to childhood obesity that have been written/co-written by CLOCC staff members and/or that are about aspects of CLOCC's work:
- Mason, Maryann , Welch, Sarah B. , Becker, Adam , Block, Daniel R. , Gomez, Lucy , Hernandez,
Adolfo and Suarez-Balcazar, Yolanda (2011) 'Ciclovìa in Chicago: a strategy for community development to improve public health', Community Development, 42: 2, 221 - 239 (link)
- Adam B. Becker, Matt Longjohn, Katherine Kaufer Christoffel, Taking on childhood obesity in a big city: Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children (CLOCC), Progress in Pediatric Cardiology, Volume 25, Issue 2, Advances in Childhood Obesity, September 2008, Pages 199-206, ISSN 1058-9813, DOI: 10.1016/j.ppedcard.2008.05.004.
- Evans, W.D., Christoffel, K.K. , Necheles, J. , Becker, A.B. , Snider, J. (2011) 'Outcomes of the 5-4-3-2-1 Go! childhood obesity community trial', American Journal of Health Behavior, 35: 2, 189 - 198 (link)
- Christiane Ellen Stahl, Jonathan Wolf Necheles, Jay Hirsh Mayefsky, Lydia Katherine Wright, and Kristin Michele Rankin, (2011) '
5-4-3-2-1 Go! Coordinating Pediatric Resident Education and Community Health Promotion to Address the Obesity Epidemic in Children and Youth',
Clinical Pediatrics, March 2011 50: 215-224, doi:10.1177/0009922810385106 (link)
- Gustat J, Rice J, Parker KM, Becker AB, Farley TA. Effect of Changes to the Neighborhood Built Environment on Physical Activity in Low-Income African Neighborhood. Preventing Chronic Disease. 2012;9:110165.
- Becker AB, Christoffel KK, Morales MA, et.al. Combating Childhood Obesity through a Neighborhood Coalition: Community Organizing for Obesity Prevention in Humboldt Park. In: Benjamins MR, Shah AM, Whitman S, eds. Urban Health Combating Disparities with Local Data. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2011:171-196.
- Nader P, Huang T, Gehagan S, Kumanyika S, Hammond R, Christoffel KK. Next Steps in Obesity Prevention: Altering Early Life Systems to Support Healthy Parents, Infants, and Toddlers. Childhood Obesity, June 2012 8: 3, 195-204.
Note: Subscriptions to electronic journals may be required to view articles.