CLOCC participants and staff members invited to submit nominees for the 2017 Katherine Kaufer Christoffel Founder’s Award. New for this year, nominees may be individuals OR organizations. Please complete the following nomination form and submit only one nomination per year.
THE NOMINATION PERIOD WILL CLOSE ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2017. The winner will be announced at the December 7, 2017 Quarterly Meeting. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Organizations or individuals that are leaders/visionaries in a defined arena in Chicago – this arena may be geographic, disciplinary, or however you choose to define it
- Those that reach effectively beyond their defined arena to do work on childhood obesity prevention
- Those who facilitate collaboration across boundaries, with distributed responsibility and mutual education, in childhood obesity prevention work
- Those who innovate in terms of structures, relationships, programs, or another areas in ways that advance childhood obesity prevention in Chicago
- Organizations or individuals making advances in one or more of CLOCC’s goals:
- To improve the science and practice of childhood obesity prevention
- To expand and strengthen the community of public health practitioners, community leaders and organizations, clinicians, researchers, corporations, and policy makers working collaboratively to confront childhood obesity in Chicago and beyond
- To expand the fiveSMART and/or 5-4-3-2-1 Go! public education campaign to shift our local culture toward one that supports lifestyle measures that will bring about reduction in childhood obesity in Chicago
- To cultivate a long-term, broad base of government, philanthropic, and industry funding to sustain childhood obesity prevention work in Chicago and beyond
- To identify culturally appropriate and relevant childhood obesity reduction approaches that work and disseminate and institutionalize them at all levels of social ecology (individual, family, community, institutional, public policy)
- Work recognized may be completed or ongoing.
- Nominees must have worked in Chicago when performing the work recognized and must still be located in the Chicagoland area.
- Nominees cannot be a current or former CLOCC staff member or funder.
- Nominees cannot be a previous Founder’s Award winner.
To submit a nomination, please complete the form below.