CLOCC participants and staff members are invited to nominate individuals for the 2016 Katherine Kaufer Christoffel Founder’s Award. Please complete the following nomination form and submit only one nomination per year.
THE NOMINATION PERIOD WILL CLOSE AT 5:00 P.M. CT ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2016. The winner will be announced at the December 7, 2016 Quarterly Meeting. Questions? Email email@example.com.
- A seasoned leader/visionary in a defined arena in Chicago – this arena may be geographic, disciplinary, or however you choose to define it
- Someone who reaches effectively beyond their defined arena to do work on childhood obesity prevention
- Someone who facilitates collaboration across boundaries, with distributed responsibility and mutual education, in childhood obesity prevention work
- Someone who innovates in terms of structures, relationships, programs, or another areas in ways that advance childhood obesity prevention in Chicago
- Someone who had made advances in one or more of CLOCC’s goals:
- To improve the science and practice of childhood obesity prevention
- To expand and strengthen the community of public health practitioners, community leaders and organizations, clinicians, researchers, corporations, and policy makers working collaboratively to confront childhood obesity in Chicago and beyond
- To expand the 5-4-3-2-1 Go! public education campaign to shift our local culture toward one that supports lifestyle measures that will bring about reduction in childhood obesity in Chicago
- To cultivate a long-term, broad base of government, philanthropic, and industry funding to sustain childhood obesity prevention work in Chicago and beyond
- To identify culturally appropriate and relevant childhood obesity reduction approaches that work and disseminate and institutionalize them at all levels of social ecology (individual, family, community, institutional, public policy)
- Work recognized must be completed or ongoing.
- Nominee must have worked in Chicago when performing the work recognized and must still be located in the Chicagoland area.
- Nominee cannot be a current or former CLOCC staff member or funder.
- Nominee cannot be a previous Founder’s Award winner.
To submit a nomination, please complete the form below.